Matthew & Sons Drilling Services Pty Ltd
|Water Bore and Irrigation Pump Sales, Repairs and Installations
|We now offer sales and servicing of most types of water bore and irrigation pumps. Below are a few examples of the Franklin Electric range of pumps which we are suppliers of. Now is the best time to have any repairs or servicing done before the summer when delays could be costly. For quality advice and service, give us a call.
Franklin Electric FPS 4400 Tri-Seal 4-Inch
The standard FPS 4400 4" submersible pump features the new TRI-SEAL floating stage system. This new stage system further improves efficiency and protects against wear when pumping abrasives like sand. All FPS 4400 pumps are unconditionally guaranteed against sand locking for one full year.
- 300 series stainless steel hub floats with the impeller maintaining a positive seal
- Phenolic washer provides high efficiency performance and abrasion resistance
- Celcon®* impeller provides high efficiency performance and abrasion resistance
- Noryl®** diffuser and disc - proven abrasion resistant material
- Floating stage design allows impeller to float independently
- Removable, spring-loaded check valve
- Maximum water temperature: 120 °F/49 °C
- Ceramic shaft sleeve and rubber discharge bearing protect shaft and eliminate sand wear
- Powered by Franklin Electric corrosion-resistant 4" submersible motor
* Celcon® is a Registered Trademark of the Celanese Corporation.
** Noryl® is a Registered Trademark of G.E.
Franklin Electric 6-8Inch SR Series Radial Pumps
The FPS 6 Inch SR Series radial water pumps were designed specifically for municipal and industrial applications where high grade stainless steel is required. These pumps contain stainless steel impellers, a thick solid stainless steel shell to maintain alignment and heavy investment cast suction and discharge brackets. Designed to operate efficiently with Franklin Electric submersible motors, the FPS SR-Series all stainless steel pump is equipped to handle the most demanding conditions.
- Rugged stainless shell
- Maintains permanent alignment of all components for increased longevity, especially in horizontal applications
- Simple cable guard removal and installation without disturbing hydraulic stack
- Investment-cast stainless steel suction and discharge bracket
- Built-in check valve
- Stainless steel impellers in radial and mixed flow designs
Franklin Electric 6 & 8 Inch Submersible Turbine Pumps
- 100% Franklin factory wet tested @ 3 points on curve
- Ductile iron discharge and suction bracket
- Ductile iron bowls bolt together for easy service
- Stainless steel upthrust bolt provides exceptional upthrust protection
- Bronze discharge bearing is grease packed for maximum bearing protection
- Fluted rubber bearings in all bowls
- Suction inlet located above bottom bearing prevents abrasives fromaccessing the bearing
- Suction bracket design allows quick and simple access to coupling
- Bronze bracket bearing is protected with stainless steel sand collar
- Stainless steel impellers with stainless steel taper lock anchors impeller to shaft
- Stainless steel pump shaft for increased durability
- Shaft coupling is keyed to pump by setscrews and is splined to ﬁt motor shaft
- All 6" models have 6” motor fit. 8" models have 6” and 8” motor fit.
- 4” discharge tapping BSPP on 6" models. 4” & 6" discharge tapping BSPP on 8" models.
Franklin Electric FPS FT Series 10, 12 & 14 Inch Pumps
The FT Series pumps have been engineered in a cast iron construction for efficient and reliable pumping of water for agricultural, industrial and municipal applications.
- 100% factory tested
- Cast iron discharge and suction bracket
- Cast iron bowls
- 10", 12" and 14" sizes
- Cast iron impellers and diffusers
- Impellers locked onto shaft with keys
- Rubber bearings
- Integrated Non Return valve on all models
- Stainless Steel 329 duplex pump shaft for increased durability
- All pumps suit Franklin Electric motors
- Flanged discharge
- Maximum running time at zero delivery is 2 minutes
- Optional cataphoresis coatings
- Optional 316 stainless steel impellers
Franklin Electric Constant Pressure
SubDrive QuickPAK is Franklin's most popular system solution package, designed to make installing a constant pressure system even easier. The package comes with a submersible motor, pump, and drive all in one package.
- Motor, pump, and drive in one package
- Selection based on flow requirement
- System specific performance curve
- 5-year warranty on QuickPAK components
Franklin Electric FPS ISO Series Centrifugal Pumps
The FPS ISO pump is manufactured in Australia to the highest quality utilising best engineered practice available. The pumps are designed for industrial and agricultural application utilizing highest grade of materials for demanding application. The superior quality and design provides reliability of operation with minimum maintenance. Designed and manufactured to internationally recognised ISO 2858 standard.
- Water Transfer
- Building Services
- Pressure Boosting
- Designed to comply with ISO 2858 standard
- Back Pull out design. No pipe work dismantling
for seal/impeller changes
- Cast iron body casing with Bronze impellers and
stainless steel shaft as standard
- Bare shaft and frame mounted for direct coupling
to electric motors, engines or pulley drives
- Direct coupled to 2 pole and 4 pole IEC motor configurations
- Designed for vertical centre line discharge.
Suitable for horizontal mounting
- Single or double Carbon ceramic mechanical seals.
Balanced or unbalanced configuration.
- Bearing housings fitted heavy duty deep groove ball bearings
- All bare shaft pumps are fitted with greased for life bearings
- Table 'E' flanges on suction and discharge
Franklin Electric VR Series Multistage Pumps
The VR-Series Vertical Multistage pump features all stainless steel hydraulics for superior durability, efficiency and performance over a wide variety of aplications including pressure boosting, reverse osmosis, water treatment and irrigation. Rugged motor mounting with oversized ball bearings ensure long operating life in the toughest jobs, produced to AU/NZ market standards.
- Pressure boosting
- Boiled feed
- Water supply and treatment
- Reverse osmosis
- Wash down units
- Hot/cold water circulation for HVAC systems
- All stainless steel hydraulics for superior durability, efficiency, and performance over a wide variety of applications.
- Rugged motor mounting with oversized ball bearings ensure long operating life in the toughest jobs. Heavy-duty motor bearing not required.
- Standard equipment mechanical seal provides superior sealing between water end and motor
- In-line suction and discharge with round flanges fit widest range of applications and provide convenient, compact installation.
- Rugged IEC mount electric motors produced to AU/NZ market standards
This broad range of PressureWave™ multi-sized diaphragm pressure tanks offer the latest in tank technology and are ideally suited for a wide range of general applications covering irrigation, potable water, pressure boosting and thermal expansion.
Download Data Sheet (PDF)
4 Inch Encapsulated Motors
These motors are built for dependable operation in 4 inch diameter or larger water wells. This contractor friendly premium motor protection system protects the motor against overload, underload, overheating and rapid cycling.
- Corrosion-Resistant Construction
- Stainless Steel Splined Shaft
- Hermetically Sealed Windings
- Anti-Track Self-Healing Resin System
- Water Lubrication
- Filter Check Valve (Water Well)
- Kingsbury-type Thrust Bearing
- Pressure Equalizing Diaphragm
- Sand Fighter Slinger
- Built-In Lightning Arrestors (single-phase)
- Removable "Water-Bloc" Lead Installed
- NEMA Mounting Dimensions
6 & 8 Inch Encapsulated Motors
SAND FIGHTER™ submersible motors are built for superior dependability in sandy well applications. This innovative sealing system utilizes an optimized mechanical seal with silicon-carbide faces in combination with numerous specially developed manufacturing processes.
- Exclusive SAND FIGHTER™ sealing system
- Maximum temperature winding wire NEMA Class 200
- Anti-tracking, self-healing surge resistant resin system
- Hermetically sealed electrical windings for maximum life
- Field replaced lead with the Franklin Electric Water-Bloc™
- Double flange design for ease of pump mounting
- Stainless steel shell for corrosion resistance
- Cast iron end frames with epoxy coating for durability
- Stainless steel spined shaft for maximum shaft/coupling contact
6, 8, 10 & 12 Inch Rewindable Motors
These rewindable motors are built for dependable operation in 6, 8, 10 & 12 inch diameter or larger water wells. They are fitted with water lubricated radial and thrust bearings for maintenance free operation. They are, manufactured in ISO 9001certified facilities and built for dependable operation in water wells. They are fitted with water lubricated radial and thrust bearings for maintenance free operation.
- Easy to assemble with double flange
- Cable material according to drinking water regulations (KTW approved)
- SAND FIGHTER™ SiC seal system for high performance in sand
- High efficiency electrical design for low operation cost
- All motors prefilled and 100% tested
- Maximum storage temperature -15°C -- +60°C
- Design for retrofitable PT100 sensor
- Non contaminating FES93 filled design
Single Phase Motor Protection (Pumptec, QD Pumptec, Pumptec-Plus)
Franklin Electric‘s single phase protective devices have been exclusively designed to extend the life of Franklin submersible motors. Decades of experience designing and manufacturing submergible motors mean that we also know how to protect your water system investment. The Pumptec family monitors and diagnoses motor load to prevent pump or motor failure due to adverse conditions. The QD Pumptec, specifically for QD Control Boxes, is a solid state-sensing device that monitors load and incoming power. This device has the ability to shut off a single-phase, 3-wire motor automatically when harmful conditions are detected. The Pumptec-Plus is protection designed for Franklin 0.37kW to 3.7kW single-phase pump motors. Franklin‘ Pumptec family provides the high performance pump protection deep down in the well.
Three Phase Motor Protection
The SubMonitor is the latest innovation in 3 phase pump protection from Franklin Electric. Using state-of-the-art technology, the SubMonitor provides the ultimate protection for a pump and motor. There is simply no better way to protect a large 3 phase submersible pump investment than a overheating straght from the motor windings! And it is made by the world leader in submersible motors-Franklin Electric.
The SubMonitor is designed to protect 3 phase pumps with horsepower ratings between 2.2 and 150 kW. Current, voltage and motor temperature are monitored using three integrated current transformers. A digital display provides current and voltage readings for all three legs and allows the user to set up the Sub Monitor quickly and easily.
- Quick setup to monitor and motor
- Digital display indicates voltage and current on all three legs at the same time
- One unit covers the entire range from 190 to 600 Volts
- Password Protection
- Stores fault, setting changes, and pump run-time, that can be accessed through the display
- Detachable display unit can be mounted on panel door
For the full range of Franklin products available, click on the following link: Franklin Products
All of our prices are as per Franklin Electrics Price Lists +10%GST